Summer in Australia can be a volatile time of year when it comes to the weather which is why you need to ensure that your fence is secure and properly installed to prevent any damage to your or your neighbours property.
Queensland is due to receive strong winds and heavy rain from the approaching Cyclone Marcia and residents have been warned by Gold Coast Mayor, Tom Tate to secure their properties in the event that the cyclone and her strong winds hit the Gold Coast. Some ways to protect your home and your fence include:
- If possible remove any fixtures that are tied to your fence or property such as hammocks and shade sails.
- Store any outdoor furniture or gardening equipment either inside or in a shed
- Remove netting from trampolines – nets on trampolines make great wind catchers and can cause the trampoline to blow over
Aside from the intense summer storms, general maintenance on your fence and gates can also help the materials and structure last longer in harsh weather conditions. Some very simple routine checks on your fence could include:
- Monitoring any plants or trees near your fence line which may have grown and have a large root system which could possibly affect your fence
- Repair any damage to your fence immediately – that spot where your son ran his bike into the fence and caused damage, needs fixing. Any weak spots can be exaggerated in a major storm or through constant heavy weather conditions.
- If you have materials that need re-varnishing or repainting ensure this is monitored on a constant basis
If you have any questions or would like to speak to one of our professional fencing team, please contact us at any time during business hours.