https://www.amazingfencing.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Logo.png 0 0 Kim Jones https://www.amazingfencing.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Logo.png Kim Jones2013-11-18 09:19:002017-02-15 06:22:14How to Put Up A Wooden Fence
- Work out where the fence will go and mark it out completely with string and stakes before you do anything else.
- Dig the holes for the corner posts, using either a hand auger or a motorised auger from a hire shop.
- If your corner posts are eight feet long, then you need to dig a three foot deep hole to put them in (approximately one third should be in the ground).
- Drop a rock into the hole as a foundation to rest the post on and square up the post.
- Instead of pouring cement into the hole (which makes replacing the post at a later date very difficult), pour in a mix of earth and gravel, tamping down repeatedly, until the hole is filled in. Repeat with the other corner posts.
- Once all corner posts are square and set, work out where the line posts will go (these should be at least every eight feet).
- If there is going to be a gate, mark out where it will go before continuing.